Malaga, the guest city of The District
This year, Malaga has been chosen as the guest city for The District 2022. There are many reasons to have Malaga as a guest city, as it is a city that has undertaken an unprecedented transformation focused on innovation and culture and with a strong commitment to sustainability and the SDGs. But among them are the following:
- In its project to host the next expo in 2027, Malaga defends its candidacy as ‘The urban era: towards the sustainable city’ a proposal for reflection on one of the main challenges facing contemporary society in the medium and long term: making population growth and urban development compatible with environmental protection and the adoption of innovative solutions that guarantee an improvement in the quality of life of city residents.
- Malaga is also home to the Andalusia Technology Park, a place where companies that contribute to economic growth and employment are located and work in a network. It is home to 621 companies and more than 20,000 workers.
- It is also one of the cities within Invest in Andalucia seeking to create new business opportunities within the city.
- The city is recognized for its enormous potential as a pole of attraction for talent and investment, as well as the need to reach agreements and public-private partnerships as the only way of development.
- It is currently undergoing a strong commitment to the development of new housing models, with an emphasis on build-to-rent construction.
- It will also be home to the largest planetarium in the European Union (EU), which will be located on a plot of 8,811 square meters between the Plaza Mayor and Bahía Blanca shopping centers.